Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Surprised by Love

This past week was very stressful. My grandmother passed away. It was expected to some degree as she has stopped eating and was speaking more and more of home, grandpa, and heaven. She was 98 and lived a relevant life until the day her spirit left us alone. Last year I lost my father. He had been bed fast for a long time. It hurt even though we hadn't spoke for several years. The anxiety and pain were mounting. I also have a little boy who is currently in our care. The threat of losing him plays heavily on my heart. Not of his own accord, but a broken system that can be in a sense just, but completely unfair. I finally broke tonight. I finally let go and shared my fear in the form of tears. I let it go. To my surprise he heard me. He came running toward me arms outstretched and gave me a hug. As If to say. I know you are my daddy and I love you. He followed it by a kiss right on my mouth. I knew in that moment I wasn't alone. He doesn't know what His life means to me right now. He has no clue, how much I would fight for him. He doesn't have to love me, he just does.

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully written! God always knows just what we need and when we need it! Prayers continue for you daily. All our love, Arlene and Bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing... Praying for comfort!
    Lori Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Philip....we love u. This post, your story, and watching Troy with my girls continue to teach me about a father's love...something I didn't have growing up. I teaches me more about my Heavenly Father...so thank you for sharing your heart and life.

    ReplyDelete